First Aid Care For Eye Injuries:
Any kind of Eye injury should consult with your doctor and save your vision and prevent further complications.
Chemicals are common in home or workplace. So, important to use safety glasses when handling toxic chemicals.
First Aid Care For Chemical Burns:
- keep your eyes open until they can be flushed. If you close your eyes traps the chemical in and does further damage.
- Flush eyes generously with water for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Get immediate medical care.
Before consulting your doctor follow some first Aid tips.
First Aid Care For Foreign Object in the Eye Includes:
- Don’t rub your eyes
- Clean your eyes with water and keep your eyes open during flushing.
- Consult the doctor for damage. Doctor using a special eye drop that fluoresces under a certain type of light; it will help reveal any cuts or scratches in the cornea.
Blows to the eye:
It is another form of eye trauma. Minor blows can often be managed at home. Any eye injury should be monitored for signs of a serious injury or potential infection.
First aid care for a blow to the eyes includes:
- Keep ice cube in a cloth and keep over your eye in 5-10 minutes intervals.
- Consult your doctor, They may want to examine the eye for potential damage. If the eye was damaged, you will need to go to an emergency department.
Cuts or puncture wounds on the eye or lid:
If you suffer from this type of injury you should consult a doctor immediately. Here are some first aid tips for treating cuts and puncture wounds:
- Don’t wash your eye
- If there any object is a stick in your eye, do not remove it; It causes further damage.
- Cover the eye with an eye shield.
- Consult your doctor.